29 October 2010

Baby Elwoo

Modified the Simplicity baby clothes pattern to have a collar and V-front, plus the belled sleeve with the red lining. Turns out their sleeve is ridiculously long, so the lining got folded back into cuffs. The top and bottom sizing are off, too. I think I used a smaller size for the pants than the top, and my baby has huge-cloth-diaper butt. I also added the godets into the pants, and trimmed the side seams with the sequin fabric after sewing the crotch and inner leg seam. The collar was guesstimated from a collared shirt of FH's, and just sewn to the neckline. Thank goodness for my serger, otherwise I think the red satin would have been the end of me.

The sash ended up being a problem, as with all mid-section things on babies, it tended to ride up, as it was more of a cummerbund. Still, for the five seconds it stayed on (and in place) it was incredibly cute. Very recognizable as Baby Elvis!

"Elwoo", ready for treating!

Fabric used: 1/2 yd flannel backed white satin, remnant (~1/5 yd) of red costume satin, ~1/8 yd of "sequin" fabric, < 1 yd of 1/2" elastic

No comments:

Post a Comment